Skydel 23.8.0 CUDA ERROR Message: unspecified launch failure

Hello,

We recently installed the latest version of Skydel V23.8.0 and are using an Nvidia RTX 4070 GPU paired with our Ettus X310 SDR to perform various simulations one after another. We are seeing random cases of the following error occur as a result while Streaming RF:

CUDA ERROR Message: unspecified launch failure

I have included an Archive from the simulation with Skydel’s various logging information present with some more information about what the error entails below.
simulator-v23.8.0.log (90.0 KB)

Included in the simulation log file is another error just following the above unspecified launch failure error:

CUDA RAND ERROR Value: 201

I will continue to do some more testing of this issue and see whether I am able to pattern its behavior but I am unsure whether it is an issue with our system setup or Skydel itself. Has anyone else been experiencing issues like this with the latest version of Skydel? Everything is working great otherwise!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @grote,

Could you please share which OS and NVIDIA driver version you are currently using?

Thanks,
Mathieu

Hi Mathieu,

We are using Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS with kernel version 5.15.0-82-generic. NVIDIA driver version is 535.104.05.

Thanks,

Hi @grote,

Sorry for the delay, we managed to reproduce the issue once on our side, but still can’t pin-point the issue.
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but we only reproduced so far on a PC using 40XX series NVIDIA GPU.
As of right now, it seems to be an issue outside of Skydel.

Could you try to update your BIOS, OS and NVIDIA driver to get the latest patches?

Mathieu

1 Like

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for the update. I will go through our system’s updates and see if the issue persists.

Thanks!