Multi-Instance for Spoofer?

Do I need to have multi-instance to set up a Spoofer. I am a bit confused on this because Spoofer is an option in a single instance, but not sure I can actually run it. I can do interference and jamming in a single instance however. Thanks

Hi Rob,
For setting up one spoofer, you don’t need Multi-Instance as the advance Spoofing option plays the role of Multi-Instance.
So Multi-Instance is used for playing mutliple independant scenarios (for example for C-V2X or RTK / Dual GNSS applications)
Advance Spoofing is a “specific” instance that is built for Spoofing scenarios.

Note that : with One Spoofing instance, you can set multiple spoofers at different locations but playing the same signal. If you want to simulate multiple spoofers playing different signals then you need to have multiple spoofer instances… currently it is working like that.
I hope this will help.
Sylvain

1 Like

Perfect answer and that now makes more sense Sylvain. Thanks so much for the rapid response

Hello Rob,

The multi instance can do basic spoofing scenarios, but like Sylvain explained, the purpose of the multi instance is to simulate the signals as perceived by different antennas.

The spoofing option is a much better option to simulate a spoofing attack. You still have the full flexibility to have different constellations or downlink data like the multi instance, but on top of that, the spoofing option will simulate the propagation dynamics between the receiver and where the spoofing transmission is actually coming from (the Fake Signal Transmitter in the image below). The dynamic between the device under attack and the transmitter doing the attack is properly modelled. All you have to do is define the trajectories, antenna patterns and transmit power and the simulator will take care of everything else.

We also refer to advanced spoofing as directional spoofing because the attack is coming from one direction as opposed to GNSS satellites coming from scattered locations. This ability to properly simulate the direction of the attack is critical, especially when testing CRPA electronics in a wavefront simulator.

3 Likes

Great information and thanks so much to the technical team at Skydel!