Orolia is hiring a Staff Engineer for creating Navigation software and systems in our Resilient PNT Group. Responsibilities and duties include:
• Design, build and test of aided INS systems and software using GNSS, radar, lidar, vision, and other signals of opportunity.
• Integrating navigation SW with various sensors other SW and HW components and performing system level tests, collaborating with other cross functional teams
• Communicating progress to project lead, estimating tasks, troubleshooting and resolving bugs, performing peer code reviews
• Other duties as required to create a high-quality simulator and achieve customer satisfaction
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Aerospace, or Geomatics Engineering with a strong emphasis in Navigation, Multisensory Integration, and Control Systems.
• In-depth knowledge of Kalman filtering and optimal estimation and control techniques
• In-depth knowledge of IMUs and navigation sensors such as altimeters, magnetic compass, etc.
• Experience with realtime embedded software development and programming languages such as Matlab, C, C++, Python; Linux OS; development environments Git, Jenkins….
• Ability to succeed independently with little guidance
The exceptional candidate will have these qualifications:
• Technical leadership ability to guide a team of developers and manage projects
• In-depth knowledge of GNSS signals and systems, including navigation
• In-depth knowledge of radar, lidar, or vision-aided navigation systems
• In depth knowledge of avionic systems and safety of flight electronics
• More than 10 years of applicable experience
• Fluency in both French and English
Location – in order of preference:
- Rochester NY or Paris France
- Orolia office location in Montreal QC Canada
- Remote working from East Coast US or European time zones
- Other remote locations